What is sonews?
sonews is a RCF 3977 compliant NNTP Usenet server. It is written in Java and uses a relation database management system (RDBMS) as backend (currently PostgreSQL and MySQL). sonews is highly multithreaded and uses Java NIO asynchronous sockets to handle thousands of concurrent connections.
Development & Download
Feel free to dig through the sources, fix bugs (if any...) or submit issues. Any help is welcomed.
- NNTP (RFC 3977) Usenet news server
- Plugable backend (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Filesystem, ...)
- New commands or backends can be integrated through plugins
- Tested with up to 30 000 concurrent connections on one machine
- Supports push and pull peering
- Plugins (Drupal frontend, Mailinglist gateway, ...)